Support Engineer for Insurance and Financial Services Applications
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience;
• Experience with deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting web applications on WebSphere and WebLogic ;
• Experience with Database backup and restoration activities (Oracle, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL);
• Understanding of application-to-application communication interfaces utilizing web services architecture using XML, SOAP, and WSDL;
• Knowledge of queuing message systems (JMS and WebSphere MQ)
• Working knowledge of UNIX, (AIX, SUN, LINUX), and Windows operating systems;
• Familiar with batch processing logic and concepts;
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex application and technical problems;
• Knowledge of Programming / scripting (Java, C++) a plus;
• Ability to multi-task and work on many client issues at once;
• Ability to grasp new and/or unfamiliar technologies quickly;
• Understanding of Virtualization Technologies ;
• Understanding of Cloud services;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Strong collaborative attitude to work with global teams.
Worldwide Customer Support provides technical assistance to our customers and employees as well as our international subsidiaries.
We are dedicated to customer satisfaction and improving the quality and integration of our products and services. Our goal is to provide the best technical support available anywhere.
We are looking for highly analytical and articulate individuals to provide high quality technical support for the Oracle Insurance Product set as well as the Oracle Revenue Management Billing Application. This position is for an analyst in the Insurance/Financial Services Applications Support Team.
• Providing real time responses to customer inquiries.
• Interact with our customers via the telephone, web and other electronic channels.
• Become a skilled engineer by working with a wide range of Oracle products.
• Research, re-create and test issues.
• Create knowledge notes for resolved issues.
• Act as a team member that contributes to solutions and customer satisfaction.
• Adapt to a fast paced and changing technical environment.
• Support both on premise and cloud customers
• Manage your time to address effectively all of your customer’s needs.