Function & Software Developer for P ES TSR
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230,000 employees in 56 countries. In the Powertrain Division we integrate innovative and efﬁcient powertrain system solutions from today and tomorrow for vehicles of all categories. Within the vision of Clean Power, our products make driving not only more affordable and environmentally friendly, but also more comfortable and enjoyable. We offer our customers a comprehensive selection of products ranging from gasoline and diesel injection systems, turbochargers, engine management and transmission control systems to sensors and actuators. Exhaust aftertreatment, fuel supply systems as well as systems and components for hybrid and electric drives complete our portfolio. There are two main impulses for the advancement of drive technologies: Firstly, active climate protection, in particular the reduction of CO2 emissions and exhaust gases. And secondly, the increasing need for individual mobility, which results in various requirements for vehicles and drive systems. The Powertrain Division has more than 35,400 employees working at 54 locations in 19 countries.
The Engine Control Unit (ECU) is the most powerful controller on the car. In order to realize an efficient Engine Management by achieving outstanding fuel efficiency, emission reduction and drivability, we develop complex control algorithms for all types of diesel, gasoline and flex fuel engine configurations. In our group, Engine Powertrain Controls, you will have the opportunity to develop functionalities regarding engine controls, like engine torque, engine temperature, heating and ventilation, acceleration pedal determination, the new engine stop start functionality, engine lubrication, cruise controls and many more. You as senior software developer will be responsible for the software development of a core part from engine control functionalities:
* You will be in charge to design and implement the software following our specific development process.
* You will test the software by running it on emulated environment and applying automatic testing tools.
* You will work with professional simulation and calculation tools and with high quality measurement equipments. In a large team working together with model based developers, we create the frame for your further personal development in engine management system functionalities, based on your performance. This will give you the chance to learn and to complete your system understanding.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Control or System Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
* Programming skills in ANSI C
* Knowledge in development of automatic control systems (will be a plus)
* Matlab/Simulink knowledge (will be a plus)
* Automotive system knowledge (will be a plus)
* Good English skills
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.