PRODUCT ENGINEERING & SYSTEMS ENGINEER
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Timken Romania active
View all jobs PRODUCT ENGINEERING & SYSTEMS ENGINEER active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.Requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in bearing design, product or process engineering, data management and/or engineering software development
- Understanding of engineering practices and the corresponding analytical methodologies
Computer-literate; used to not only working with systems and PC software (especially engineering software), but also in developing new computer-based solutions
- Proficiency in English
- Previous team experience and team player attitude
- Problem-solving capability and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
Reporting to Manager - Product Engineering & Systems, key duties will include:
- This position provides new essential understanding and means for the successful design, analysis, and manufacture of Timken product.
- This position will support both product and process engineering tools development and support, as well as future re-platforming and re-design.
- Execute timely engineering software development and the expansion of engineering software knowledge, in line with Corporate engineering systems requirements.
- Enable and ensure maintenance, accuracy, and security of product and process data, with data integrity across systems, product lines, and regions.
- Support data management, process improvements, and system modifications to integrate with engineering systems renewal and business projects (like new product lines, acquisitions, rationalization and continuous improvement), in liaison with other functions like product design, manufacturing / process engineering, engineering systems, SAP and product development.