Operations Management Trainee
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.Requirements
Who are We Seeking?
We are seeking recent or upcoming college graduates with the following backgrounds:
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering;
• Manufacturing internships and/or other engineering related internships preferred;
• Advanced English language is mandatory;
• Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during employment;
• Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience;
• Ability to learn quickly, flexible and adaptable;
• Demonstrated effective communication skills;
• Ability/willingness to relocate.
What is the Operations Development Program (ODP)?
An intensive a two-year program that is designed to provide broad-based exposure to Timken's Bearing and Power Transmission manufacturing and supply chain operations. You'll be mentored by, and have significant interaction with, senior operations leaders.
The program consists of four challenging assignments, each six months in duration. The assignments are designed to prepare the associate for a leadership position in bearing manufacturing and/or supply chain.
The assignments will be in the following functional areas, in our manufacturing facility in Ploiesti:
• Manufacturing Operations Supervision
• Quality Advancement
• Supply Chain
Examples of some recent project assignments include:
• Project leader for major product rationalizations
• Lead kaizen events and implement lean manufacturing processes
• Leading the rationalization of a major product line
• Supervision of critical component manufacturing processes
• Supply chain planner responsible to reduce inventory and improve delivery
• Develop and implement standard work on model line
Upon Graduation of Program
The area of initial permanent assignment is determined upon completion of the two-year program based on the skills and abilities of the associate as well as business need.