Analog Behavioral Modeling Engineer (f/m)
Infineon Technologies is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener, with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone.
Men and women from more than 90 countries make Infineon a successful international company – with their skills, their enthusiasm and the courage to challenge the status quo and open up new horizons.
More than 300 unique people work in our R&D site in Bucharest, focused in the development of automotive and security solutions – covering every step from concept to mass production. Combining the passion and expertise of our team, every single product proves our will to succeed.
Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. We offer an inspiring environment for talented individuals who want to apply themselves.
You have good analog understanding which helps you derive an abstract model from an IC concept in a hardware description language (eg: PSpice). You have an application view and aim for understanding how your model integrates into the customer system. You partner with the application engineer to capture model requirements. You are motivated to continuously look for more efficient ways to describe analog concepts. You like working with multiple tools and simulators and getting an in depth view/understanding of simulation engine and its behavior. You are an organized person and this is seen in your modeling code structure and documentation.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Electronics Engineering, Applied Electronics or equivalent degree.
- Good understanding of semiconductor physics and circuitry
- Experience with analog modeling languages (Spice, PSpice)
- Previous hardware design experience is valuable
- Good knowledge in Spice circuit simulators (eg: OrCAD, Simetrix, LTSpice, TINA, MicroCap).
- Know-how in Cadence tools and Virtuoso environment would be a plus.
- Passion for mathematical abstraction, numerical models is a plus
- Good command of English language
As a Behavioral Modeling Engineer you will be responsible for the development (from concept to implementation and verification) of full chip behavioral models targeted for analog simulators for various types of automotive products that are delivered directly to external customers.
In your new role you will:
- Develop full chip behavioral models targeted for analog simulators for a various range of product complexities (eg: Power Switches, LED drivers, DCDCs, Bridges)
- Have full responsibility for behavioral models development and verification according to requested specifications
- Define model development and verification plan in sync with existent modeling methodology
- Deliver packages including application notes, test benches and model documentation
- Support for behavioral modeling related topics within product development or application engineering.
- Contribute to defining and improving behavioral modeling methodology.