Head of System Engineering Automotive Sensors (f/m)
Infineon Technologies is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener, with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone.
Men and women from more than 90 countries make Infineon a successful international company – with their skills, their enthusiasm and the courage to challenge the status quo and open up new horizons.
More than 300 unique people work in our R&D site in Bucharest, focused in the development of automotive and security solutions – covering every step from concept to mass production. Combining the passion and expertise of our team, every single product proves our will to succeed.
Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. We offer an inspiring environment for talented individuals who want to apply themselves.
With your way of being, you inspire your team to succeed. You are aware of the strengths, needs for development and motivational drivers of your people and deploy them according to the competencies within your team. You remain aware of the big picture even in complex situations and take actions despite uncertain circumstances. Furthermore, quality and keeping commitments is important for you.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Microelectronics, Physics, Automation & Computer Sciences or related disciplines
- Technical leadership and/or Project management experience in an industrial environment
- Ideally 6+ years of R&D working experience within the semiconductor industry
- Skills in simulation and modelling of electronic systems including appropriate tools (e.g.SystemC, MatLab …)
- Knowledge of requirement engineering and automotive safety standard like ISO 26262
- Know-how in Analog and/or digital concept work
- Experience in firmware design methodologies as an additional asset
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- A Hands-on mentality with a strong process mindset
- Fluent English skills
In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to work in a vibrant R&D center in Bucharest where 300 engineers are developing automotive and security solutions – covering every step from concept to mass production.
In particular, you will cover the following tasks:
- Building up and developing a team of system engineers defining the architecture of our sensor chips; your tasks will include steering of development activities, coaching, training, recruiting to build up the department, and developing people towards a high performance team
- Understanding product requirements and translating them into development specifications for innovative automotive sensor chips with your team
- Ensuring a stable resource pipeline and support personnel resource planning in alignment with project managers
- Interface to all other functional areas (Circuit Design, Test Development, Component Verification, Application Engineering, etc.) to ensure a smooth and high quality project execution
- Driving rollouts of tools, methodologies and work processes to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Complying with standards such as ISO 26262
- Cooperating with universities and other research partners to attract young talents for your team