IT Support Engineer/Sysadmin/ITOPS (senior level) and ocasionaly DevOPS (entry/middle level)
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 65,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
- Solid knowledge of Windows OS desktops internals (Windows 7/10) and good knowledge of WS2012 (install, configure and troubleshoot)
- Familiar with core administration of Linux distributions CENTOS 7 & UBUNTU (networking setup and maintenance, partitions/LVM, AD integrations – Samba/Kerberos etc)
- Familiar with dev/engineering applications (Git, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Cygwin, Eclipse etc)
- Experience with Active Directory Services (GPO, ACL), DNS servers, DHCP servers, MS Exchange concepts, SCCM/WSUS, comfortable with scripting (WScript/VBA/VBS, batch, Powershell)
- Good networking skills and knowledge (mainly CISCO CLI, switching, VLANs, ACLs, port security, debugging, basic routing etc), RADIUS (AAA)
- Familiar with protocols: SNMP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet etc; ability to work with Wireshark
- Experience with hypervisors (mainly VMware), storage platforms (EMC) and servers (Dell)
- familiar with monitoring platforms (Nagios/Centreon/Zenoss/Zabbix) and inventory systems (OCS/Spiceworks), log management (Splunk/Snare/Logstash)
- Would be an advantage: experience with NAC (PacketFence), IDS/IPS platforms (Snort/Suricata), backup systems (Bacula/Veeam), vulnerability scanning (OpenVAS/Nessus).
- Proactive, team worker, calm and organized, ability to communicate concise and kindly
- Creative person, out of the box approach, willing to adapt and learn, technically oriented, focused on results
- Reasonably fluent in English (French/German would be a plus)
- Min 5 years experience in similar position, IT graduate or IT certifications
- Administer core infrastructure services/servers and network: AD, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Syslog, backup etc
- Setup and configure new enterprise systems/platforms, Linux based
- VSphere management, SAN/NAS administration
- Patch management (WSUS, SCCM), remote assistance
- Work with different web based platforms (log management, inventory, antivirus server, monitoring etc).
- Debug and diagnostic moderate to difficult incidents/requests, network issues, requests (level 2-3 support)
- Solve, escalate and follow-up users requests (via tickets, email, phone).
Excellent career opportunity with a professional development path in a multinational environment, challenging projects with high safety requirements training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.