Cloud Deployment Specialist
At Temenos we believe that our people make the difference. What we create and achieve is a result of the aspirations and goals of the 4000 unique individuals that make up Temenos today. Our people drive real change, and working together as a team is what got us to where we are today. We believe that challenges present opportunities for growth. Ideas become reality when you stay determined and are not afraid to take risks!
In Bucharest, Temenos has more than 265 staff members and it’s expanding its operations in Research and Development, Client Services, Software as a Services (SaaS), Sales and Marketing, SSC Finance, IT Infrastructure, Security and HR.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in implementing advanced business solutions.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
• Willingness to travel.
• Willingness to be on call and/or work shifts.
• Time management and prioritization.
• Knowledge of IT governance and operations, preferably including ITIL.
• Knowledge of software, application, and systems engineering.
• Experience of deploying High Availability and Disaster Recovery/BCP solutions.
• Experience of building software solutions on IaaS and PaaS.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Application Integration.
• Should have hands-on expertise in some of the following technologies: Temenos products, Enterprise middleware (JEE application servers, messaging middleware), Integration/EAI technologies (e.g. ESB, Oracle Service Bus, IBM IIB, BizTalk, Fiorano, Mule), Java/JEE, SOAP, REST, and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc), and database technologies (Oracle, SQLServer).
• Expertise in virtualisation, networking and storage technologies.
• Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Banking software experience
• Working knowledge of database tuning and administration e.g. SQL Server or Oracle
• Working knowledge of JEE application server tuning and administration e.g. JBoss or WebLogic
• Knowledge of Temenos Software products
• Experience of Microsoft Azure or other cloud computing platform.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The principal areas of responsibility are as follows:
• Deployment of Temenos software on Microsoft Azure cloud or any platform provider chosen by TSS for customers, partners and internal requirements.
• Regular scheduled patching and updates of software and platform components.
• Emergency patching and updates of software and platform components.
• Configuring VPNs and assisting colleagues, partners and customers with their configuration.
• Support to operations team and helpdesk for runtime operations.
• Diagnosis of issues on runtime platform.
• Liaison with cloud provider and other vendors and partners for the resolution of issues.
• Liaison with Temenos product group for the resolution of issues relating to technology products.
• Support for automation of deployment processes.
• Provide requirements to platform architects designing the Temenos SaaS services.
• Support adoption of latest cloud technologies and promote “best use” of cloud technologies by TSS teams.
• Maintain change and deployment documentation.
• Follow TSS change management procedures and provide recommendations on improvements that could be made to those procedures.
• Adhere to security standards and policies, ensuring that data sensitive to Temenos, our clients and end users is protected at rest and in transit.
• Work as part of a team of deployment specialists and ensure effective shift handover.
• Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.