VMware/ Windows Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs InCrys active
View all jobs VMware/ Windows Systems Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
InCrys is a provider of complete Technology and Consulting Services, founded in 2000. Headquartered in Bucharest, Romania, with offices in London and Rotterdam, we deliver Testing, Application Development Outsourcing, Remote Server Administration, Business Analytics and Optimization (BAO) and Software Packaging services to clients in Western Europe, USA and Canada.
A result of the many certifications held by our specialists, our acknowledgment in 2010 as IBM Premier Business Partner is one of the accomplishments that guarantee our status as trusted Software Solutions provider. We have become a leading offshore outsourcing provider by consolidating on our employees’ extensive work experience, knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies, and excellent language skills.
Our focus on employee training and continuous development lead to a record-setting attrition-rate, of only 6% in 2013.
InCrys is now undergoing an active recruitment process, and we’re especially in need of software development specialists, infrastructure specialists and testers. We have approximately 300 professionals involved in complex software outsourcing projects, and we aim to significantly expand our team by at least 20% by the end of this year.
For further information please visit www.incrys.com
As a VMware/ Windows Systems Engineer you will provide infrastructure level support services on remote Data Centers, including troubleshooting, installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades. Candidates must be available occasionally to perform planned off-hours changes per approved change/ maintenance windows, off-hours interventions as needed to remediate high severity incidents and restore service, as well as on-call support by rotation.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
• Understanding of VSphere 5, 6 environments (install, manage, configure, troubleshooting, HA and DRS management, upgrades, performance management, capacity management);
• Knowledge in Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 Active Directory administration skills;
• Knowledge in networking concepts;
• Understanding of internet facing protocols (DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SSH)
• Understanding of at least one scripting language: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Batch, PowerShell, etc.
• Experience with system management, monitoring tools.
• Experience using ticketing systems;
• General understanding of ITIL/IT Service Management concepts (ITIL Foundations certification preferred) and DevOps;
• Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with global cross-functional teams;
• Able to effectively work through high pressure and complex situations;
• Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal, and time management skills;
• Willingness to learn new technologies, flexible and open minded, results oriented towards highest levels of customer satisfaction;
• Professional certifications are a plus (e.g. MCSA, VCP);
• Knowledge in GitHub.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interacting with various teams and collaborate towards issue resolution and provide reliable infrastructure services;
• Performing system administration activities on VMware hypervisors and guest environments (Windows);
• Managing systems towards compliance with corporate security policies;
• Support solution redesign and automation efforts with a goal of make the infrastructure programmable and redundant to failures;
• Engage in rotational on-call support periodically to assist in critical issues to maintain the systems;
• Working with a ticketing tool (Tasks, Incidents, Service Requests and Change Requests);
• Configuring, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting VMware/ Windows environments;
• Performing audit tasks on Cloud Infrastructure (hypervisor, hosts, guest VMs);
• Creating documentation and procedures (SOPs). Guiding and training junior colleagues;
• Efficiently communicating with and offering support to other teams located across the globe
• Motivating salary
• Stimulating working environment
• Medical insurance
• Annual team building
• Opportunities to learn and grow your skills