Commodity Buyer with English in Bucharest and Mioveni
Grup Renault Romania
Pasiunea este motorul Grupului Renault. Din pasiune pentru masini si pentru oameni avem astazi in Romania o gama completa de activitati prin care ii oferim fiecarui client vehiculul potrivit. Sa te alaturi Grupului Renault Romania inseamna sa iti poti pune amprenta in oricare dintre etapele de dezvoltare ale unui vehicul: design, proiectare, testare, fabricaţie, logistică, vânzare, post vânzare şi finanţare. Sa faci parte din echipa noastra inseamna sa participi la crearea vehiculului viitorului.
To be a successful buyer you need 3 important things :
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE, in Finance, Operations/Supply Chain Management or a technical discipline is preferred. Why? Because you need a strong business acumen, numerical intelligence and technical orientation in order to understand automotive industry, (market trends, challenges, competitors and suppliers) from a “big picture” perspective.
- EXPERIENCE in industrial environment or in purchasing department of minimum 3 years. Why? Because your prior experience in automotive industry or in similar roles puts you from start in a stronger position to negotiate with suppliers and understand how upcoming trends will affect our company’s brand.
- SOFT SKILLS. Because is it not all about numbers. A successful buyer at Renault will use the following skills as he/she completes everyday tasks:
- Critical thinking
- Listening to customers
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Building rapport with suppliers
English is a must; French represents an advantage.
To sum up: communication and networking, enforced by relevant studies and experience are the key for success. While passion for automotive industry is a magic ingredient that adds flavor and excellence in all what you do.
What are some essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Commodity Buyer at Renault?
- Participate at the global processes for developing new products, selecting suppliers and ensuring negotiating in order to optimize the contractual purchasing conditions
- Builds up the complete vehicle product offer in collaboration with buyers from other divisions
- Identify, attract and propose new sources of supply, make recommendations regarding additions/deletions to the Approved Supplier List
- Cultivate strong relationships with key suppliers
- Bring initiatives to improve internal and external supply chain processes
- Engage the Quality Department to evaluate and communicate supplier performance
- Negotiate Long Term Supply Agreements
- Investigate problems, completes root cause analysis, and assists in developing solutions for supply chain problems
- Ensure consistent reports towards other departments involved in supply chain.
- Ensures company supplies are maintained at an adequate inventory and reacts quickly to emergency situations
- Enforce and uphold the Company’s ethics policy regarding conflicts of interest, gifts, entertainment, illegal practices, bribes and gratuities
- Maintains a commitment to the company’s quality and vision statements.