Thermal Simulation Engineer for I ID - TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Thermal Simulation Engineer for I ID - TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
As a Thermal Simulation Engineer, your main responsibilities and tasks will be: - Analyze customer requirements that are relevant for thermal management - Define design targets and prepare design of experiments (DoE) - Perform thermal simulations (steady-state and transient) for complex electronic modules and multi-board systems - Provide solutions for cooling of electronic modules for automotive environments (i.e. copper cooling area dimensioning, heatsink selection) - Analyze / Optimize forced convection cooling solutions for electronic assemblies - Perform system and component level thermal characterization (IR measurements, thermocouple measurements) - Thermal modeling of heat flow for electronic components based on electro-thermal analogies
* University Degree in Electronics / Telecommunications / Physics / Mechanical Knowledge of:
* Heat flow theory / Thermal transfer modeling and calculations
* Thermal simulation software (FloTHERM, Ansys IcePack - good experience with at least one tool)
* FEM simulation principles
* PCB material parameters and fabrication technology
* Mechanical CAD tools (Catia, ProE - basic)
* Power electronics design principles
* Minimum 3 years experience in related field
* Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
* Background in design of electronic automotive equipment is a plus
* Fluent English and / or German ** M.Sc or Ph.D. with emphasis on thermal simulation/modeling is a plus ** LED and Optics know-how is a plus
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.