Senior Frontend Developer
Join from the start of the journey to establish the software development team in our Romanian office. We are looking for four Frontend Developers to join a new group of senior professionals based in Bucharest.
This team will be working on and off from our Stockholm office for their first 2 months at Kambi in order to get a lean induction into the values and company culture. The aim is to gain knowledge about the product on site in Stockholm and then relocate to our Bucharest office permanently and evolve the product from there together with our local product experts and the existing development teams in Stockholm.
Kambi Development consists of more than 100 people globally constantly trying to improve the process of turning user stories into shippable code. We are dedicated to value driven development, we think lean software development is a great way of achieving that and we use Scrum to support our efforts along the road.
This is what our Senior Frontend Developers do:
- Build scalable and maintainable systems that run and fail gracefully
- Write testable software in collaboration with our testers
- Create automated tests in collaboration with our testers
- Support our Product Owners with technical insight
- Apply their technical skills and curiosity to the product development process
- Constantly polish our development process
- Continuous integration
- Love releasing software
A sneak view of our tech stack:
- Responsive web
We would like you to:
- Have worked in a team for 5-8 years developing, deploying and maintaining one or more software products in production for an extended period of time
- Be highly proficient in either BackboneJS or NodeJS
- Be familiar with SASS or LESS pre-processers
- Have demonstrated that you have the mindset and skills to become an effective part of a cross-function, self-organizing, self-managing team
- Be technically brilliant (or getting there)
- Have both theoretical and practical knowledge of agile and/or lean software development
- Demonstrate excellent speaking and writing English skills
What’s in it for you?
- 2 months of on-site induction next to Kambi Stockholm Development Team. Generous travel allowance, accommodation and weekly flights to Bucharest during your stay in Stockholm
- Work in a successful and fast-growing company
- Expand your skillset by solving technically challenging problems
- Work with a highly transactional system with high availability requirements
- A fun and flexible work environment
- Management culture which understands and encourages the best practices of Agile methodologies
- Ability to directly influence your teams’ work environment and processes
- Work with smart and humble people
You'll like Kambi if you:
- Thrive in a relaxed and high paced work environment
- Do not need supervision
- Aren't afraid to speak your mind
- Take pride in being good at what you do and doing it well
- Have high expectations of yourself and your peers
- Think business value delivered is what defines great development
If you want to be part of a very dedicated community of developers in Bucharest then please send your application in English.