Competitive Intelligence & Strategy Analyst (# 3029945)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs HP Inc. active
View all jobs Competitive Intelligence & Strategy Analyst (# 3029945) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Marketing active on Hipo.ro
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. We use ideas to put technology to work for everyone. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. That is why everyone - at every level in every function, is encouraged to have original ideas, to express them and to share them. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work. This vision is what sets us apart as a company. At HP we work across borders, and without limits. Global virtual teams share resources and pool their big ideas to solve business issues and meet personal goals. Everyone is valued for the unique skills, experiences and perspective they bring. That’s how we work at HP. And this is how ideas and people grow.
HP is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
• blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
• 3D printing
• multi-function printing
• Ink in the office
• tablets, phablets, notebooks
• mobile workstations
We’re looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future’s yours to create!
HP Inc is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
This role is a Competitive Intelligence Analyst supporting the HP Inc. Corporate Strategy team. You will synthesize competitive intelligence reports and presentations using multiple sources including primary research, secondary and syndicated data, as well as publicly available information such as company websites, industry blogs, etc. Your role will also involve critical analysis of all available information to make sense of market shifts and assess their potential impacts on HP’s competitive position. When possible, predict further movements, and respond to business challenges within the HP’s Personal Systems Group (PCs). The role requires partnering with various HP business units and functional teams, as well as the worldwide team to ensure consistency of output and to share best practices.
- Proven ability to mine and extract useful information and generate insights from both qualitative and quantitative data sources
- Ability to craft and deliver compelling presentations to support strategic insights
- Strong communication skills, high proficiency in both written and spoken English
- A very solid understanding of financial reports and the ability to extract relevant insights from sources including competitor presentations, Forms 10-Q, Forms 10-K, as well as Wall Street Analyst reports and presentations
- Keen attention to details and quality
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize effectively and adjust priorities on short notice
- Collaborative skills with demonstrated ability to operate across functions, sites and cultures
- Flexibility to work virtually with team members across multiple time zones
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 7+ years of experience with business reporting, competitive intelligence primary research, strategy, and marketing
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline of study. Master's degree (MBA) strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the technology markets in which HP competes
- Very strong analytic skills
- Excellent social skills; ability to build, run and influence virtual teams
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong time management skills
- Competitive Intelligence and reporting experience
- Business analysis training
- Familiarity with personal computer industry
- Working familiarity with Capital IQ or FactSet
- MSFT Excel macro programming
- Maintaining and updating Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Data visualization expertise: proficiency in simplifying complex subjects in written and graphic form
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead the Personal Computing competitive intelligence reporting
> Manage a spreadsheet that has all competitor financials in one location
> Draft quarterly earnings analysis on key HP competitors
- Regularly monitor intelligence on key HP competitors and industry partners; generate alerts that highlight any relevant competitive threats
- Respond to questions and ad-hoc requests from stakeholders and end users - focused analyses, issues with the data, etc.
- Effectively contribute to a Corporate Strategy Business Intelligence network
> Work with counterparts in the market share and market sizing teams
> Work with counterparts supporting computing competitive intelligence within the business unit
How will we help your personal and professional development?
We don’t label you or your performance, we look to help you grow your unique potential
Trainings, workshops and access to more than 10,000 wisdom nuggets via our learning platform and programs on all key professional and leadership skills you can imagine
New disruptive technology introductions sessions
We love our work environment. We think you will too:
It’s a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
Work-life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large
Your additional benefits package:
Medical services subscription
24 paid holidays
Other flexible benefits (Medical services for family, Dental Plan, Fitness Programs, Kindergarten)
Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, tea and fruits
Vendors discount program (Restaurants, cinema, clothing, and other)