With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
• Experience in a similar role: 2-3 years;
• University degree (IT, Engineering);
• Computer proficiency: Operating systems, SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc);
• Good level of applied knowledge in algorithms, concepts of IT architecture, applied knowledge of database management systems, quality assurance, data analysis;
• Teamwork, communication and customer oriented behaviour;
• Ability to cope with change, planning and organizing skills;
• Quality orientation / attention to details;
• Language proficiency: English
• Gathers, clarifies and writes software business requirements;
• Analyse the ability to change the application environment and assess the impact of these changes on the existing environment: application, infrastructure and operation. Agrees the solution with all impacted parties/departments;
• In charge of technical documentation for selection processes: Request for Quotation, Request for Information, Quote Request, Evaluation Criteria Matrix, Integration Plans, Knowledge Transfer Documents, Internal Assessment Document, etc.
• Help the development team to estimate the complexity of User Stories;
• Provide support for other suppliers / developers during the development phase in order to provide a suitable technical solution.
• Provide support for testing teams to prepare test phases to meet the quality criteria of delivered software;
• Assures the role of technical coordinator in complex projects / programs. Plan and organize activities to meet project and program goals and objectives
• Participate in daily scrums with the team to help ensure that work in progress will meet requirement goals;
• Creates the standard functional design document that should contain the design of the functional solution, assures the communication with and between Programmers and QAs;
• Creates the technical analysis document that should contain the impact for the integration of new product in the current environment;
• Provide high quality service & support to customers/co-workers while maintaining a professional standard for new and existing applications.
Nice to have:
• Professional qualifications/training: applied courses of information systems design, applied courses of database management;
• Experience with Programming Languages: J2EE
• Positive attitude
• Willing to learn and improve
• Good problem-solving skills
• Flexible to different technologies and projects
What we offer:
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban, coding oriented TDD Kata)
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Long term career development programs
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots