Localization DevTester - 6 months
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
• At least 6 months of work experience in QC field, preferably in a multinational company.
• Great organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Basic localization knowledge acquired in QC by testing certain milestones on any project.
• Good understanding of video games production and interest in technology.
• Sense of humor and ability to build solid professional relationships.
• Experience with Jira. Mantis and DevTrack are a plus.
• Good MS Office (especially Excel) and Internet literacy.
• Interest in other languages/cultures.
• Analytical thinking.
• Curious, able to identify opportunities, seek improvement and drive change.
• Excellent English (written and spoken), French is a plus.
Reporting to the Localization DevTest Lead and working in close collaboration with the Localization Project Manager, the Localization DevTester checks the proper implementation of internationalization requirements by following the production flow towards reaching a proper test build. He/she will act as guidance for the Localization QC team, using the acquired game knowledge to answer questions and better synthetize the game flow.
The Localization DevTester will check the game several times and report localization bugs prior to delivering the builds further to the QC department according to predefined guidelines, assuring that the version is as clean as possible of integration issues before entering the linguistic test phase.
Localization is the adaptation of a product to a target culture and market. Basically, it consists in managing the translation & adaptation, audios, integration and linguistic quality assurance of a product from a source language, usually English, to several destination languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Nordic languages, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc).
Internationalization refers to the ensemble of actions (technical, process wise or linguistic/content wise) taken so that a product can actually be localized, and, even more, that it can be localized easily, quickly and cheaply.
• Initial 6 months mission (with the possibility of extension), working on EMEA localization projects on all platforms.
• Analyzes the game content from a localization perspective while providing reports and feedback to the Localization DevTest Lead and Localization Project Manager.
• Works together with the Localization DevTest Lead to make sure the project fulfills the localization requirements and checks internationalization points by directly playing the game following predefined guidelines.
• Works with the localization and development teams to identify and implement project specific debug commands.
• Checks Oasis (text and audio management tool) for missing audio files on all languages.
• Submits localization issues using specialized bug tracking tools.
• Smoke tests builds and delivers reports to the Localization QC teams.
• Manages several projects simultaneously.
• Regular communication and collaboration with Localization Project Managers worldwide (Bucharest, Paris, Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Malmo, Montreal, Shanghai, etc) is required as part of an international team, in order to exchange best practices and improve processes.
• Salaries to motivate you.
• Medical services to keep you safe and sound.
• Meal tickets that can be used wherever you want.
• Free access to relaxing and fitness room.
• But most of all you’ll love the atmosphere and our working environment!