Technical Support Engineer with English
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is a $31 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services, control technologies for buildings, homes, industry and performance materials.
This company has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available in the Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) business unit focused on primarily supporting Workflow Solutions. In this exciting opportunity in a high growth environment, you will provide hands-on technical support involving SPS and related technologies.
• Minimum 3 years work experience in a technical role
• English Fluency
Additional Qualifications (preferred):
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• 3 or more year’s professional experience in a technical product support or help desk environment.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012 and Oracle 10g / 11g) and structured query language (SQL)
• Knowledge of both client and server operating systems (Windows Server 2003 / 2008, Windows XP / 7, Linux)
• Knowledge of Internet application technologies including HTML, XML, and Internet application architectures based upon Java technology
• Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to learn complex technical concepts in a short amount of time
Are considered a plus:
• Knowledge of programming or scripting languages, preferably Java, C/C++, Python, Perl, and VB.
• Knowledge of distribution logistics, maintenance, inspection, or health care facilities
• Experience supporting Vocollect voice or other workflow solutions
• Proven ability to manage technical issues and to prioritize workloads in a constantly changing work environment.
• Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer oriented results in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
• A self-starter with an ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10% of the time
• Provide prompt and courteous Tier 2 technical support with a focus on high quality, accuracy, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction. Support is often provided to partners around the world and customers who are in technical positions such as database administration, system administration, network administration, software development and various IT functions.
• Analyze and clarify low volume, highly complex technical queries from customers and partners through troubleshooting, researching, and recreating of issues.
• Analyze proprietary software log files, stack traces as well as various related technology logs for root cause problem determination and providing the appropriate solution or next steps.
• Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, Telnet, etc.) as well as wireless networking. Network+ and CWNA certifications is a plus.
• Document and record all activity and communications over the telephone and e-mail according to departmental standards of quality
• Follow documented processes and procedures for support request handling and case escalation
Communicate with coworkers and management regarding current / ongoing support cases.
• Backup assistance performing front-line support during times of lower volume and limited staffing.
• Assist with system administration tasks and duties to maintain and improve customer production systems
• Contribute to technical knowledge base
• Participate in team meetings to provide feedback on current day-to-day activities and recommend ways in which to improve the department
• Handle miscellaneous job related duties and responsibilities as defined by management