IT Project Manager
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, MIS or computer science or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT professional experience
• 3+ years project management experience leading implementing IT infrastructure, ERP and business applications solutions, software development or similar experience.
• Experience with project management practices, processes and tools.
• Organizational Change management experience
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
• Thorough knowledge of project management and Project Delivery Processes
• Demonstrated good ERP, business application, software development, or IT Infrastructure knowledge and skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Active inquiry skills
• Proven team leadership
• Relationship building at all levels
• Negotiation, facilitation and stakeholder management
• Analytical thinking & problem solving
• Competently communicate business and technical concepts with business and functional people.
The project manager is responsible for project management activities across low to medium rigor projects. This includes project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results. The project manager will manage process, data and technology projects within the region.
• The project manager will work with company’s businesses and functions to deliver projects to enable business strategy execution. The role demands a leader who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization. Seeking to understand the project objectives and demonstrating project leadership to bring about the desired business benefits and value as defined in the business case.
• This role will ensure consistent project management processes & tools are applied according to the rigor of the project.
• Provides strategic vision to the project team, utilizing general knowledge of portfolio management, and basic business/technical acumen.
• Leads periodic project reviews utilizing a full knowledge of the project delivery process.
• Identifies, recommends and implements best practices in project management.
• Provides mentoring and coaching to project team members as appropiate.
• Defines project objectives and scope, utilizing a thorough knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
• Develops the integrated project plan for projects.
• Leads execution of projects, utilizing the project management framework to achieve project objectives, on time and within budget.