IT Project Manager
ALTEN Romania, a subsidiary of ALTEN Group – with a unique position as a European Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, was established in 2006 in Bucharest, with the aim to provide technical consulting for the customers of this specific market. Since its inception, the company grew and now has offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Sibiu and Cluj-Napoca.
Through its team of over 300 specialists in software development, business analysis, business intelligence, PMO, Project Management, testing, technical support, automotive and aerospace engineering, ALTEN Romania is providing specialized services, both on the local and international markets in business sectors such as: aerospace, automotive, finances, pharmaceutics and telecom.
ALTEN Romania has a technical team of consultants and experts in engineering specialized in CATIA V5, NewPDM, SolidWorks, Matlab/Simulink, HIL, Autosar and others, while the IT Division has precise specializations like: Java, .NET, PHP, C#, C++, SIEBEL, Informatica PowerCenter, Cognos, MS BI and Oracle BI, BSCS and more.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, MIS or computer science or equivalent degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT professional experience
• 3+ years project management experience leading implementing IT infrastructure, ERP and business applications solutions, software development or similar experience.
• Experience with project management practices, processes and tools.
• Organizational Change management experience
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
• Thorough knowledge of project management and Project Delivery Processes
• Demonstrated good ERP, business application, software development, or IT Infrastructure knowledge and skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Active inquiry skills
• Proven team leadership
• Relationship building at all levels
• Negotiation, facilitation and stakeholder management
• Analytical thinking & problem solving
• Competently communicate business and technical concepts with business and functional people.
The project manager is responsible for project management activities across low to medium rigor projects. This includes project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control, and business results. The project manager will manage process, data and technology projects within the region.
• The project manager will work with company’s businesses and functions to deliver projects to enable business strategy execution. The role demands a leader who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization. Seeking to understand the project objectives and demonstrating project leadership to bring about the desired business benefits and value as defined in the business case.
• This role will ensure consistent project management processes & tools are applied according to the rigor of the project.
• Provides strategic vision to the project team, utilizing general knowledge of portfolio management, and basic business/technical acumen.
• Leads periodic project reviews utilizing a full knowledge of the project delivery process.
• Identifies, recommends and implements best practices in project management.
• Provides mentoring and coaching to project team members as appropiate.
• Defines project objectives and scope, utilizing a thorough knowledge of project management practices and procedures.
• Develops the integrated project plan for projects.
• Leads execution of projects, utilizing the project management framework to achieve project objectives, on time and within budget.