Marketing Specialist, Conferences and Industry Events
The KPI Institute is the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education, providing through its publications and training courses insights on how to measure and learn with KPIs and beyond. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartKPIs.com, the result of a research program dedicated to documenting and cataloging how KPIs are used in practice. Its systems thinking based approach to designing performance architecture across all levels of an organisation facilitates connecting organisational, departmental and employee performance efforts and results.
The KPI Institute serves its international customer base through regional offices in Europe, Middle East, SE Asia and Australia, with educational and advisory projects conducted on 5 continents. Its European division, operated from Romania has been active since 2008 serving both national and international clients.
• Hold a university degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or Public Relations;
• Have 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations;
• Have experience in areas like Content Marketing, Email Marketing;
• Have previous experience in organizing and attending trade shows, conferences, client demos, and other events;
• Have strong networking and relationship building skills, both on the phone and in-person;
• Be able to translate complex ideas into compelling marketing pieces;
• Have strong verbal and writing communication skills: The ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts and ideas;
• Be proficiency with all MS Office applications;
• Be able to coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
• Be able to work independently with minimum supervision, but also as part of a project team;
• Be energetic, entrepreneurial, hardworking and persistent;
• Have experience in using social networking platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn;
• Have attention to detail in ensuring everything is cross-checked and accurate;
• Have strong project management skills, being able to take ownership and responsibility for tasks to ensure they are completed to a high standard and on time.
• Have knowledge of Adobe InDesign software (nice to have);
• Have an eye for creativity and graphic layout.
• Identify opportunities within trade shows and events for future potential events, partnerships, sponsorships;
• Negotiate sponsorship packages with third-party event organizers in order to gain maximum exposure, increase brand awareness and market penetration;
• Plan, develop, oversee and continuously review all branding and promotional items for events including print, online, and electronic media;
• Develop and manage event calendars and communicate key event deliverables and timelines;
• Prepare and compile data for post-event analysis;
• Monitor and report on the effectiveness of ongoing marketing activities;
• Stay up to date on industry trends and events to proactively identify new market opportunities.
• Researches, identifies and develops key messaging for internal and external audiences including internal news, project wins and industry trends and analysis;
• Creates, edits and reviews marketing and thought leadership content, standard text and pitch verbiage;
• Develops specific content for website, brochures, case studies, blogs and other relevant marketing material in collaboration with technical staff and firm-wide communications team;
• Coordinates with Head of Marketing and Digital Marketing team to maintain social media presence for the entire organization;
• Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams including consultants, senior management, legal, HR and other marketing colleagues and teams;
• Creates marketing presentations for technical teams, including client interviews, speaking engagements and pitches;
• Ensures that internal and external communications are consistent with brand and message guidelines;
• Supports other capabilities/ offices with marketing and proposal tasks on an as needed basis.