SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (MCE project)
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
Requested technical competence:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
• Testing of complex software systems using simulators and scripting languages
• Experience with test automation
• Strong Linux skills (scripting, configuring)
• Good know-how on: routing, TCP/IP, sockets
• Advanced level of written and spoken English
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Exposure to Java programming language (or willing to learn it)
• Exposure to Python / Perl / Ruby would be a plus
• Exposure to test automation frameworks like Squish would be a plus
• Databases (SQL) knowledge would be a plus
• Experience in process oriented development (V-Model, Agile methods)
Short task description:
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements, so they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
Maintenance Center (MCE), the application for which we are recruiting, is a diagnostic application located at the heart of the system. It behaves like an airplane's black-box for the system (can decode and replay past events), but also as a monitor of the current health state of the system. It detects, stores and graphically displays the abnormalities of the other connected modules, from malfunctions of the outdoor equipment, to malfunctions of other applications or malfunctions of the transmission system.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software tester with solid knowledge of Linux scripting and computer networks.
As part of our team, your responsibility will be testing complex application software for the railway field, including:
• Specification of Test Cases on Requirements basis
• Execution of manual and automated tests
• Support of test environments, tools and simulation
• Evaluation of the test output (coverage, traceability, progress)
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in full project life cycle and understand the importance in accuracy of testing for high availability systems.
Test activities will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest / Stuttgart / Dresden and will require travelling between these locations.
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.