Technical Director - Level Design
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the video game sector and similar tech experience is a must;
• 2 years of experience working as an Associate TD is a plus;
• Previous experience in a technical position (ex.: scripting, pipelines etc.);
• Experience working on AAA games is considered an advantage.
• Excellent technical knowledge of the editors (Unreal, Unity, Hammer etc.) and good understanding of scripting (visual and/or writing);
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process;
• Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Excellent ability to organize and prioritize his/her own work;
• Ability to quickly adapt to new situations;
• Coaching skills and presentation skills;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Design and validation for the LD needs (tech design, pipeline and data optimization);
• Document LD pipelines;
• Data reviews;
• Performance & Debugging.
• Define the level design team’s technical needs to implement the creative vision;
• Take an active role in designing and validation of the game features;
• Actively participate in the decision-making process with the management and anticipate any issue on the LD pipeline;
• Collaborate closely with other job families in order to develop and optimize the tools/pipelines used in project;
• Communicate the tech vision to the LD team via trainings, documents and coaching team members when needed;
• Drive the optimization and debug the issues raised in his field of expertise;
• Review constantly the LD content to ensure the technical quality of the data;
• Point of contact for all topics related to tech developments on the LD side;
• Collaborate with the Lead LD in order to achieve best results inside the LD team members;
• Give constructive feedback over the tech quality of the LD team members work.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
• If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
• If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.