Release and Build Specialist
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
• Source control experience (advantage : Perforce);
• Experience with build processes;
• Knowledge of scripting languages : Perl/Python/Batch files;
• C# experience is a plus;
• Basic network administration knowledge;
• Good communication skills and team spirit;
• Good English skills.
The Release and Build Specialist (RBS) is the pillar which maintains and implements the project’s pipeline automation and build systems.
He has experience in working with all the aspects of the production, bringing his contribution across the teams in the local project.
He interacts with the principal pipeline owners: Engine Programmers, Technical Directors, remote RBS specialists in order to maintain existing processes, deploy new ones and optimize existing systems as per needs of each team.
The RBS implements an existing build system in a new site and adapts it to the local project’s needs. He provides the needed resource requirements to satisfy given performance standards. He identifies and solves high-profile pipeline issues that impact the local project, like an export pipeline failure, build system crash, performance bottlenecks.
1. Problem solving. Configure and maintain:
• Perforce code and data branches
• Build dashboards
• Build tools (programming and content)
• Build farms
• JIRA instances
2. Configure and maintain servers for production:
• Symbol Server
• Asset Store
• Web Server
• SQL Server
3. Implement support tools and automated processes to improve production flow
4. Provide support for version generation, transfer and deployment on consoles
5. Optimize and offer support for data transfers and data storage
• Between studios (i.e. Perforce proxies)
• NAS maintenance
• 1st party transfer
• Between studios transfer
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
• If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
• If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.