Mobile Network Planner
Romkatel was founded in Bucharest in 1994 as the unique representant for Romania and Eastern Europe of the German antenna manufacturer - Kathrein Werke KG.
Nowadays Romkatel is an important company in Romania, being the main supplier of broadcast and mobile communication antennas on the market.
A subsidiary was founded in 1995 in Timisoara and its main activity was production. Due to the development of this activity, the production was transferred in 2000 to the new founded company: Kathrein Romania.
Romkatel had a major contribution to the project of improving the national TV and FM stations in Romania, by supplying reliable high technology equipment and professional installation services. At this moment, Romkatel is involved in a new project: the development of a new communication technology: 3G (UMTS).
In addition to its commercial activity, Romkatel also installs antenna systems and equipment for broadcast, CATV & SMATV networks and mobile communications. Romkatel has specialized installation teams, trained and certified both technically as well as for working at heights with difficult access, who offer complex installation support according to the highest international standards.
Romkatel’s success is guaranteed by its alliance with the Kathrein Group, known for its high standards and therefore it is important for us to implement the new technology in our products, to keep on improving the know-how level of our employees according to the new technologies and to improve the quality of products and services provided.
Required experience, skills, education and attributes:
• University degree in Telecommunication or Information Technology
• Good knowledge in mobile communications and RF field
• Familiar with RF planning tools (e.g. iBwave, ATOLL….)
• Minimum five years of professional experience in the design of mobile networks
• Strong understanding of customer service and if possible in the mobile network operator environment
• Knowledge of measurement tools (e.g. TEMs, Site Master…)
• Very good communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong ability to communicate complex technical relationships convincing and conclusive
• Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
• Team working capability
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Mobility (international projects) travel around 20% of the working time
Job Description and responsibilities:
• Design, planning and dimensioning of indoor mobile networks for active and passive indoor systems
• Alignment with the customer on the general task of the new in building solution and the given requirements
• Analysis of object plans and customer information to define needed coverage areas
• Creation of a strategy to cover the building with the required radio technologies
• Modeling of building using state of the art planning software
• Radio planning of all radio network components, remote units, splitters, antennas and cables to fulfill the requirements
• Coverage and capacity analysis using iBwave
• Presentation of the planning results to customer Air Interface capacity planning
• Tender support for sales team (tech. consultancy)
• Link budget calculation
• Execute walk-test on site
• Evaluate walk-test results on in-door planning software
• Prepare technical site survey report with the proposed RF solution
• Site design: preparing radio survey data (antenna height, type, azimuth, tilt)
• verification of macro influence, if measurements are given; Interference analysis (especially with macro site situation)
• Personal responsibility for development of network and optimization concepts
• Technical bid preparation for sales team (estimating needed material and components based on the request for quotation documentation from customer)
• Creation of bill-of-material for technical components as input for the realization planning and/or offer during tender phase
• Redesign the network based on traffic analysis output
• Redesign sites to fix the existing coverage holes and improve the performance of an existing in-house network
• Reviewing and/or defining the planning process
• It is expected to have up to 20% of working time per year spend on unregularly business trips
• Mentoring for new employees