Backend Developer - Bigstep Cloud
Bigstep was created by passionate big data aficionados. We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of the Bigstep team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
Good experience with any two programming languages;
- At least 3 years' experience in software development;
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system;
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Fluency in both written & spoken English;
- The most important thing: you have to be passionate about programming :)
As part of the Research and Development department you will implement customer facing components following the specified technical, functional and graphic requirements while working closely with your peers and management. We are seeking people with talent in engineering, design, operations and more. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then Bigstep could be the right place for you.
- Build PHP – based applications including creation of application layers, modeling; techniques, designing object-oriented components and coding algorithms;
- Correct any errors to existing programs to complete desired programs;
- Consult with engineering and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes;
- Perform revisions, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
Experience to be Acquired
- Real world experience with a wide range of technologies;
- Understand database methodologies, design and data structures;
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming, complex software architecture and application development best practices;
- You will have the opportunity to work with the newest and coolest technologies such as: Cloudera, Datameer, Hadoop, Exasol;
- You will learn to work accurately, and always deliver high quality work;
Note: Being part of a startup is a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT from a technical point of view as it has to move a lot quicker and with a lot less resources. We will enable you to truly evolve and to make difference in the team and perhaps lead the way.