Java Team Lead
Leading Provider of High-End Software Development Services
Luxoft Holding, Inc. (NYSE:LXFT US) is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base consisting primarily of large multinational corporations.
Luxoft builds long-lasting partnerships with more than 130 clients by providing seasoned business and technology professionals, software imagineers, who deliver high-quality, innovative technology solutions that fit the client’s needs.
The Company develops its solutions and delivers its services from 24 dedicated delivery centers worldwide. It has over 9,500 employees across 27 offices in 15 countries in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is incorporated in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, has its operating headquarters office in Zug, Switzerland and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
With 1400 employees on board, Luxoft Romania works on delivering high quality product engineering and application development services. Luxoft Romania focuses on three main technology verticals: Automotive, Financial and Telecom.
Working at Luxoft
Luxoft’s renowned reputation and corporate culture, in addition to the abundance of talent in the regions where the company operates, all enhances Luxoft’s ability to attract and retain some of the most proactive and experienced IT professionals in the industry.
Luxoft offers candidates the opportunity to work in niche areas, to fully participate in the development of products marketed directly from its own laboratories, and to be exposed to international projects from top industries.
For more information, please visit: http://www.luxoft.com.
The main activities within this project are:
• To develop in-house software applications to help other teams in the SDLC adoption effort and to reduce overhead and administration from the daily life of the developer (e.g.: new team onboarding, tools consolidation, internal tools automation, implementation of Agile best practices)
• To extend commercial development tools via plug-ins or external systems to accommodate the requirements of the SDLC in place (e.g.: JIRA, TeamCity, GITHub, Sonar, Confluence, Nexus)
• Coordinate a team of 5 developers;
• Provide technical coaching for the team members;
• Research of inner working of popular tools (e.g. GITHub, JIRA, TeamCity, FishEye/Crucible, Semmle, Sonarqube) with the purpose of establishing a process and automating them;
• Gather requirements from stakeholders and plan the work following Scrum guidelines, based on the priorities specified by the Product Owner;
• Propose, discuss with Product Owner, prioritize and sign-off on technical debt items;
• Maintain, improve and provide support for the features developed (JIRA plug-ins, internal Java based web application, automation around various REST APIs, etc.);
• Deploy and document the final artefacts resulted from the features developed.
• Strong Java Enterprise development skills with a focus on web frameworks: Struts 2 (preferred but not a must) or Spring MVC or JavaServer Faces or a major Java Web framework.
• Be able to review activities or processes in the teams around them and identify potential for improving through automation and self-service tools.
• Experience working with Web Services: REST and/or SOAP and also comfortable using libraries and tools to interact with APIs and test them (e.g. Postman or any other tool)
• Experience with common standard Java frameworks and libraries like: Spring, Quartz Scheduler, JUnit, Mockito.
• Unix knowledge is a must (ability to login on servers and run applications and being comfortable using a shell)
• Genuine passion for discovering new technologies and software tools that help developers become more efficient in their day-to-day work (IDEs, bug trackers, build tools, code collaboration tools, e.g.: GitHub, Intellij IDEA, JRebel, Java Chronon Debugger, TeamCity, Crucible etc.)
• Problem solving mentality: debugging, experimenting, using Java tools.
• Team player mentality: ability and willingness to teach others.
• Self-driven, self-motivated, suggests ideas, has initiative and ability to drive the project development forward.
• Experience working in Agile teams and ability to mentor others in the methodology and the reasons behind it.