Regular Java Developer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Luxoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Regular Java Developer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Leading Provider of High-End Software Development Services
Luxoft Holding, Inc. (NYSE:LXFT US) is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base consisting primarily of large multinational corporations.
Luxoft builds long-lasting partnerships with more than 130 clients by providing seasoned business and technology professionals, software imagineers, who deliver high-quality, innovative technology solutions that fit the client’s needs.
The Company develops its solutions and delivers its services from 24 dedicated delivery centers worldwide. It has over 9,500 employees across 27 offices in 15 countries in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is incorporated in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, has its operating headquarters office in Zug, Switzerland and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
With 1400 employees on board, Luxoft Romania works on delivering high quality product engineering and application development services. Luxoft Romania focuses on three main technology verticals: Automotive, Financial and Telecom.
Working at Luxoft
Luxoft’s renowned reputation and corporate culture, in addition to the abundance of talent in the regions where the company operates, all enhances Luxoft’s ability to attract and retain some of the most proactive and experienced IT professionals in the industry.
Luxoft offers candidates the opportunity to work in niche areas, to fully participate in the development of products marketed directly from its own laboratories, and to be exposed to international projects from top industries.
For more information, please visit: http://www.luxoft.com.
Working in an agile software development environment, the Java developer performs medium to large technical tasks, being involved in the entire lifecycle of a task from the Open to the Closed state, gathering requirements if needed, implementing the change, ensuring regression testing through automated tests, validating manual test plans and test data and handling the sign off procedure. From time to time, he will be involved into pre-release activities and he will follow approved lifecycle methodologies, being at the same time part of a young and geographically distributed team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop, improve and maintain several software components forming the middle-ware of a system that handles the lifecycle management and back-end distribution of trades and financial products while offering a variety of trade support tools and a comprehensive audit trail
2. Develop and conduct program automated tests; verifies test plans and testing data and oversees testing to verify that the programs function correctly in order to ensure that modifications have not caused error in other parts of the program, interfacing programs and interfacing systems
3. Code with future proofing and re-usability of code in mind and is aware of the effects of certain coding practices
4. Collaborate with an international team of software developers, testers and business clients
5. Take responsibility for the entire task lifecycle from the Open state to Closed, ensuring that all work carried out is tested, documented, signed off by users and accessible to all parties
6. Ensure appropriate quality standards are applied to all design and development work
7. Perform code reviews and pair-programming when necessary
8. Learn new and keep abreast of existing technologies and apply to a variety of projects as required; acquire business specific knowledge and use it for daily tasks
9. Ensure support (L3) for production queries
10. Participate in requirements gathering workshops/meetings with users
11. Participate in planning meetings and perform tasks estimations when required
12. Follow procedures in place: attending periodical/regular meetings, performing administrative tasks (complete timesheets, ad-hoc reporting, update Jira status)
13. Involvement in pre-release activities
14. Handling Dev, QA, UAT environments, if required
15. Willingness to travel if required
• Have extensive daily contacts with professional both inside and outside of the team
• Acquire and relay information utilizing proficient communications skills
• Interact with business, customers, potential clients, development and QA colleagues and other teams in order to ensure systems' integration
• More than 3 years of professional experience with Java and JavaEE; strong knowledge of OOP, Java concepts (5.0, 6.0, 7.0) and OO design, including design patterns
• Knowledge and experience of Java, web and database technologies
• Experience with application integration and messaging
• Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving difficult technical and operational problems where solutions may be of a precedent-establishing nature
• Must be able to work in a very dynamic environment and able to change focus from time to time
• Experience with automated testing and various testing tools; must be willing to write automated tests
• Must understand the key dependencies among existing systems in terms of the flow of the data among them
• Internal client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to work within a team and work independently; able to effectively work as a part of a larger team, with clients and other teams
• Committed team player with positive winning attitude
• Excellent written, verbal and communications skills to interact with staff and customers
• Able to multitask; able to understand various systems and their interactions based on specifications and then use it
Other Preferred Skills and Experience
• Professional experience with refactoring and test driven development
• Experience with Java EE framework technologies, ElasticSearch/Lucene
• Experience with continuous integration tools (preferably TeamCity) and experience with/knowledge of Agile Software Development practices
• Knowledge of Linux Shell Scripting