Junior Java Developer – Common API
ING is a global financial institution with a strong European base, offering banking services through its operating company ING Bank. ING Bank’s more than 52,000 employees offer retail and commercial banking services to customers in over 40 countries.
ING Bank Romania is the first foreign bank opening a branch in Romania after 1989, being also the first local bank operating at European standards. Since entering the Romanian market, in 1994, we have continuosly developed our operations, diversified our client and products portfolio and expanded our distribution network.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future – however modest or grand.
Our purpose therefore is: Empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and in business.
We are ING.
• knowledge of Java 7
• familiar with web-services technologies SOAP and REST, XML/JSON
• experience/knowledge about XML, specifically XSLT/XPath is a strong plus
• experience/knowledge about Java API for RESTful Web Services (JAX-RS) and Java API for XML Web Services (JAX-WS) is a plus
• knowledge about key concerns addressed by an Enterprise Service Bus (e.g. Apache Synapse) is a plus
• eager to learn and take part in working proof of concepts to support API design decisions and system performance/reliability gains
• interested in data structures modeling
Will be part of a project-based team, with assignments addressing mainly, but not exclusively, API design and implementation.