GSDC IT Infrastructure Engineer (Junior)
Huawei is a global leader of ICT solutions, whose vision is to enrich life through communication.
Continuously innovating based on customer needs, we are committed to enhancing customer experiences and creating maximum value for telecom carriers, enterprises, and consumers.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 150,000 employees of which more than 70,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D).
We are diverse, and we embrace it. With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent.
Join us for Building a Better Connected World!
- 1-2 years hands-on experience as an Unix/Linux Engineer having database and SAN skills;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking equipment;
- knowledge of Unix OS's accessing a SAN Storage and about storages configuration;
- Knowledge of Oracle databases;
- Shell scripting programming;
- 2nd line IT support experience. Previous experience in 1stline would be a plus;
- Understanding of hardware/software integration issues and problem resolution;
- Incident and Problem Management skills: confident to analyze and solve problems of the network, OS, DB, hardware and software components, incident trend and root cause analysis;
- Capacity to identify the risks / single point of failures in the infrastructure and to mitigate them;
- Able to provide performance tuning and capacity forecasting;
- Awareness of IT security issues as it relates to UNIX administration;
- Good in writing documents, manuals, reports and summaries in English;
- familiar with the Linux operating systems
- familiar with the LAN networks (TCP/IP)
- problem solving in an analytical manner
- accountability for the individual technical tasks and their impact on the platforms
- availability to work abroad at least 3 months
- fluent in English (both written and spoken)