SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar
• 4+ years working experience in software development with Java SE & EE framework/technologies and tools like: Eclipse IDE, Svn or Git/Gerrit, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, JAXB, etc.
• Knowledge in using: Linux (RedHat), SQL, Maven, Continuous Integration (Hudson/Jenkins), Junit
• Fluency in English
Would be a plus:
• Technical leading experience
• Experience with technologies like: ServiceMix, Apache Camel
• Medium level German language
• Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
• Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
• Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time
Thales Romania delivers advanced signaling, supervision and control systems for railways in close cooperation with Thales Austria and Thales Germany.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate Java software developer with leadership abilities, good understanding of software architecture and design issues as well as solid knowledge of Java technologies and tools.
We build software applications that allow trains to safely and securely bring passengers to their destination. Our challenge is to develop products having a failure rate below 0,0000001%
You will join an already established Java development team in Bucharest that will work accordingly to AGILE development lifecycle, through designing, developing and testing activities.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a professional environment and to collaborate closely with other software experts in Romania and Austria.
• Works with enterprise systems in distributed architecture
• Committed to produce code that follows the best practices of the safety-critical industry
• Puts skills and project based experience into practice and provides support to less experienced colleagues.
• Defines, monitors and reports progress of Work Packages, using appropriate quality assurance processes to ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures or willingness to develop these kind of capabilities.
• Acts as a liaison between RO & AT teams.
Challenging projects with state of the art technology, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.