Business Analyst – Cloud Renewal Admin
With more than 420,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100— and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. And Oracle's 130,000 global employees - including more than 35,000 developers and engineers - are critical to that success.
At Oracle Romania, we work pro-actively with customers and partners to maximize the capabilities of their Oracle solutions via e-business and information flow.
Our employees are entrepreneurial, but also team players, which means it's easy to strike up great friendships in a truly multicultural environment (employees interacting with 28 countries all over the world in 20 languages).
Innovative? Ambitious? Inspired? There has never been a better time to join us!
We recruit the most talented graduates in IT, business, communications or foreign languages. Explore our opportunities and submit your resume.
• Good self organization, multi tasking ability, flexibility
• Flexibility to working in shifts
• Quality and efficiency oriented, even under pressure
• Attention to detail, methodical and accurate
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent English skills, particularly writing, consistency, organization and standardization of terms and language
• Proactive, team player
• Positive and “Can Do” Attitude
• Results oriented
• Good PC knowledge, esp. in Word/Excel
• Problem solving ability
• Professional customer handling
• Business experience: commercial education
• Additional European languages
• Experience in sales environment
• Act as knowledge expert in all Cloud end to end processes and systems
• Act as lead in Cloud renewal preparation
• Act as a bridge between the sales team and various other supporting functions (GSO, Deal Management, AR, Collections, Credit Team, Order Management, Approvals, Business Practices, Revenue Recognition, Incentive Compensation, etc)
• Undertake admin responsibilities as required by Global Cloud Ops
• Proactively screen deals for roadblocks and track deal progress
• Assist in the escalation of critical deals as required (through various back office functions and processes)
• Integrate with sales team and sales management to gain understanding of business priorities and challenges
• Support acquisition integration in Cloud
• Support new application roll outs.
• Meet Global Cloud Ops KPIs and targets
• Communicate activity metrics to sales management
• Undertake other reporting & projects as required
The role will imply alternating day and late working shifts.