Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile EEU Software active.
Vezi toate job-urile Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Support Engineer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
EEU Software is a fast growing software development company. We started in early 2000 and specialised in Java projects. The 80 programmers in EEU are all together a young, dynamic and highly professional team. We have implemented various applications in Europe and overseas, in countries like Spain, UK, Argentina, USA, Germany, Finland, Switzerland, France and more. EEU Software is Microsoft Partner, IBM Core Partner and Oracle Gold Partner. Our company uses the highest quality standards being ISO 9001 certified by a well-known austrian company, TUV.Cerinte
• 8x5 (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
• Work in shifts in order to cover the US timezone (morning 06:00 – 15:00, regular 09:00 – 18:00, late 13:00 – 22:00)
• Weekend coverage by rotation (shifted weekend)
• On-call support by rotation (scheduled)
• Work outside business hours (overtime) for scheduled changes or to resolve customer critical situations
• Availability for business travel
Those who will work in our Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Support projects need to have:
o Proven skills and experience administering medium to large VMware vSphere, VMware ESXi (version 4.x, 5.x or 6.x) infrastructures
o Proven skills and experience administering medium to large Citrix Xen Server infrastructures
o Proven skills and experience administering medium to large Microsoft Hyper-V Server infrastructures
o Proven skills and experience with Windows and Linux operating systems administration and troubleshooting (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Linux)
o General knowledge and experience with networking concepts and technologies
o Familiarity with database and networking concepts, protocols, and implementations
o Advanced troubleshooting skills
o Basic programming skills
o Willingness and ability to take on new assignments and learn new skills (VDI technologies - VMware View, Xen Desktop, NetScaler, etc.)
It would be great to have also:
o UNIX / Linux shell scripting (bash, etc.)
o Storage SAN / NAS / Netapp
o General understanding of ITIL/IT Service Management concepts;
o Experience using RES – profile management
o Previous experience in similar roles
• Part of a global support team providing steady state support (Level 2 and Level 3) and production operations for VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) clients.
• Perform Level 2/3 Support for client virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) based on Xen Desktop/VMware View solutions.
• Perform Level 2/3 Support for Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Perform planned off-hours changes per approved change/maintenance windows, as well as on-call support by rotation (predefined schedule) and off-hours interventions for high severity incidents as needed.
• Follow, maintain and improve the processes and procedures defined for the project assigned
• Maintenance of the Owned Infrastructure
• Solve the remainder of the problems not solved at Levels 1 or 1.5, short of defects in products
• Perform root cause analysis when required
• Work with vendors (as appropriate) to resolve problems
• Assist in the use of supported products
• Recommend process and tool improvements
• Contact other support groups/organizations as required
• Interface with other systems, networks, and operating system environments
• Route and work with Vendor support when required.
• Provide documentation and training for the other team members as required
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Reimbursement of agreed certifications
• Private medical subscription
• Motivating salary
• Performance bonuses
• Career path based on continuous learning and development
• Multiple ongoing projects
• Professional environment, access to leading-edge technologies