Remote Technical Software Support Specialist
Stefanini offers consulting services, solution development and integration, BPO, application and infrastructure outsourcing, and more. With support in 32 languages and the flexibility of a global company, Stefanini is focused on efficiency and meeting unique regional needs.
POWERING YOUR BUSINESS!
Visit us today at http://www.stefanini.com/EN/
• Basic MS Windows Sever and UNIX administrative knowledge (installation, create/modify users, manage system settings and services).
• General IT administrative knowledge, basic notions and exposure to server architecture and operations (e.g. what is a cluster, load balancer, how to troubleshoot a user/sw error).
• Basic understanding of programming and or scripting concepts, preferably from a Java environment perspective (e.g. what is a class, what is a method or property, how to inherit).
• Basic Networking knowledge.
• Advanced / fluent English and at least one of the following: German/French.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written). Team collaboration.
• Excellent problem solving skills; logically and analytically minded.
• Having the desire to tackle complex problems.
• Ability to perform under pressure and to multi-task. Willingness to learn and travel.
• IBM Tivoli Monitoring (including the various agents) / IBM Workload Scheduler / IBM Tivoli Enterprise Management Server / IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server - nice to have.
• Experience with the IBM Notes & Domino and / or IBM Sametime and / or IBM Connections Product environment - nice to have.
• Client Operating system knowledge (Windows 7,8,10 and / or Apple Mac) - nice to have.
• Basic web application architecture and functionality knowledge (e.g. what is a web server, what is HTTP, how does a web browser communicate with an application server, etc.) - nice to have.
• General Relational Database administration and SQL knowledge (e.g. how to use specific tools and create simple SQL commands) - nice to have.
• As a member of the technical support center team, you would be responsible for providing remote technical software support for software products to clients in Europe and Middle East Africa.
• Resolve software related technical service requests.
• Provide Level 1 remote technical support for IBM software products.
• Analyze problems/situations, understanding problem impact on client business.
• Perform software problem determination, problem source identification, and develop action plans to resolve software problems utilizing a range of tools, techniques, knowledge bases, and processes.
• Perform problem situation management and end-to-end problem ownership.
• Maintain positive client relationships even in severe and pressurized situations.
• Contribute to high client satisfaction by meeting contractual obligations and customer expectations.
• Engage next level of support where required and work together with global Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Support Teams.