Junior Unix Engineer under DevOps
Bring your talent and passion to Accenture – sharpen your skills, build an extraordinary career and play a key role in creating solutions that transform organizations and communities around the world.
We are a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
IT Experience & Skills:
• Hands-on experience on UNIX, UNIX-shell programming;
• Basic exposure to build, SCM processes & release management
• Basic knowledge on Oracle-DB & SQL
• Analysis & troubleshooting of performance of systems and infrastructure
• Exposure to environment’s management: setup, application deployments, server refresh, DB deployments
• Ability to quickly grasp on new concepts & learn new DevOps & CI tools
Nice to have:
• Perl scripting
• Exposure to SVN/Maven/Nexus
• Exposure to Jenkins/Chef/Docker
• Basic knowledge of technical aspects of the business application
• Regular working hours: 11am to 8pm Bucharest Time
• Work in the weekends for planned production deployments & releases – between once per month and once every 2 months, depending on the internal team’s scheduling.
Being part of the team will facilitate you the development of the programming skills and will provide you an opening into a wide range of Devops tools and mindset.
Accenture Technology is the place for someone looking for a challenging IT career and access to the kind of training, expertise and development tools that only a large company can offer. Our international reach also means you could have the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization of smart, technically-minded people and work with dynamic clients in countries all over the world.
Accenture Technology is looking to employ technology enthusiasts who focus on UNIX systems administration and software maintenance, providing practical programming and technology implementation for business.
The role of the team is environment management, deployment & deploy-automation enablement. The resource in this team will be responsible for all the deployment & environment-maintenance of the project platform infrastructure.
o Maintain a high level of availability of the application environments
o Resolve and/or assist in any production incidents
o Interact & work with the projects team members located in another countries
o Coordinate with other stakeholders for deploying releases into production environments. This will be a planned weekend activity (1-2 times per month – spread across the team members)
o Organize, coordinate, setup and maintain all development & testing environments required by our teams
o Debug & resolve incidents relating to non-production environments