Junior Product Marketing Manager
Bigstep was created by passionate big data aficionados. We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of the Bigstep team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
• Good writing skills: We are looking for somebody that has copywriter-level writing skills or at least the potential to improve in this field. Things like the reverse pyramid principle, text structure and in general a talent in storytelling: A good background of literature is usually a prerequisite to this.
• Project management skills: We are looking for somebody organised and comfortable being left alone but held accountable.
• Excellent attention to details: We need somebody capable of spotting the needle in the haystack without looking too much for it. We need an almost compulsive need to be thorough.
• Technical background: We are looking for somebody comfortable around the cloud and computers in general and that understands how applications interact with each other and the technology landscape in general.
• Excellent English skills: We can train fluency but the English grammar is a strict requirement.
• Creativity: Although really hard to measure it is a prerequisite for building uniqueness into products.
• Gain a deep understanding of the Bigstep products and services
• Gain a deep understanding of the profile market, Bigstep competitors, use cases and customers
• Develop the product positioning
• Involved in creating and implementing the correct messaging that differentiates the Bigstep products on the profile market
• Develop and communicate the Bigstep value proposition
• Support the sales team by developing demand generation programs, case studies, whitepapers
• Involved in developing and implementing the Go-to-Market strategy
It is an exciting job, with ups and downs and the thrill of building a personality for a product. It is a position that requires imagination but also craftsmanship. You will need to understand and be comfortable with very deep technical details before you can be convincing. Also if you are technical enough you will need to write appropriately for advertising in online where the attention span is measured in seconds.
We compensate your achievements and commitment with: competitive salary, training opportunities, friendly work environment, flexible hours, and extra-work activities.
Being part of an IT startup can be a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT, as it has to move a lot quicker and with less resources. Bigstep will offer you the means to thrive, to make a difference within your team and perhaps even lead the way.