We live in a moment of remarkable change. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace—by creating professions that didn’t exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to launch your career, or start a new one, and develop skills for navigating this new world. At IBM, you’ll collaborate with extraordinary people in a creative environment to make the world work better.
IBM Bucharest Software Lab is part of IBM’s global Advanced analytics division, providing solutions that span finance, sales and operations transform systems of engagement and infuse scenarios and predictive intelligence into financial performance initiatives.
We’re seeking a talented developer with strong Microsoft .NET and OOP skills.
You will be involved in building a new generation, cloud first, large financial application that wants to set itself apart from the existing thick client based predecessors.
You will perform object oriented development and ongoing enhancements as a member of our development team.
You must be a self-starter and be able to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Work closely with the scrum master and peer engineers to plan, execute and review day by day tasks and challenges
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
|*Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3+ years of .NET Framework working experience, deep knowledge of the framework and C# language
- Proven OOD/OOP experience; design patterns
- Experience with relational database application development and/or ORM frameworks
- Experience writing applications that interact with Microsoft Office
- Understanding of COM/DCOM technologies
- Experience with multi-threading applications
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
- Have organizational, problem solving, and time management abilities
- Be fluent in English.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.
|*Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience working with large financial applications is a plus