.NET Software Developer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Cegeka Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile .NET Software Developer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
With over 3300 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 330 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; vTeams – technical diversity within multicultural teams.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within vTeams (Virtual Teams), we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Linux/Unix, Networking, Python, MSSQL or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
We are looking for a software developer to join our NECNL development team in Cegeka. Our team has a long-term collaboration with EMEA branch of NEC headquartered in Hilversum, The Netherlands. Together, we develop and a contact center software platform that is sold to more than 3000 customers worldwide (including Romania ).
The project is a long-term, “enterprise” project with a variety of modules. Started more than 10 years ago, it follows the history of a classic successful project: grown, evolved and transformed during every release cycle, to meet the needs of both new and existing customers.
Development is done primarily in .NET 4, using C# as programming language and a MSSQL database. User interfaces are either Windows Forms desktop clients or web-based applications, using a number of services for server-side processing and for communicating with the telephony devices.
The existing code is using a wide array of technologies, some of them new or current, some of them old and dusty. As an example, we are in the process of integrating an AngularJS web chat client into the product; on the other hand, there are still some services using .NET Remoting, or a few old VB6 dlls which nobody has yet found the strength to migrate to a decent programming language,. Code quality varies from very good to “oh-my-god-who-wrote-this”. We do however encourage refactoring as part of the daily work; on top of this, the Product Owner agreed to let the team pick up non-functional improvements as they see fit, up to 20% of the sprint length.
We are using SCRUM as methodology for nearly a year; this was an initiative from the Romanian part of our team where we convinced our NEC colleagues that this would benefit our software development process. Doing SCRUM in a distributed team has its challenges, but we feel it was a good move and we’re looking forward to sharing our experiences.
The main advantages of using SCRUM is that we have a framework that helps us keep things structured, the team decides how much they will build in a given period of time (Sprint) and they can change a lot of things thorught the means of retrospective.
What you need to know:
• OOP, algorithms and data structures.
• C# - this is our primary programming language. Occasionally, you’ll be also reading/debugging VB.NET, VB6 and C++ code as well, so the more you know, the better.
• T-SQL and relational database design. Experience with ORM frameworks, primarily EF, is a plus.
• Windows Forms and/or ASP.NET. Experience with AngularJS/jQuery is a plus.
• General knowledge of software development practices
• Fluent English; you’ll be using it daily in video conferences
What you need to do:
• Actively participate at improving the processes of the team; take initiatives and lead by example
• Come up with architectural improvements; promote/introduce new technologies to the team
• Shape the functional requirements for the product (during backlog grooming)
• Also: be a software developer – and a very good one!
What we offer:
• Headquarters in the center of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Crum/Kanban, coding oriented_TDD Kata)
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription- fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, boardgames, X-box)
• Long term career development programs
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots
• Programming events (.NET nocturnes, JAVA nocturnes, etc., internal programming events to learn XP practices like TDD & Pair programming)